Thursday, December 4, 2014

quick 21-day fix approved Taco Soup in the crock-pot

okay friends, i've started up a new plan and I'm hitting it HARD.  being winter and all i need my satisfying soups so i whipped this bad boy up.  its awesome.  and so dang easy.  and really dang healthy. and the family LOVED it.  im a winner.

taco soup.  but healthy.  did you know taco soup was the first meal i ever cooked my husband?  i was living all by myself in a tiny little loft apartment with a phenomenal view of the water.... ah, to be 21 again....

yeah- i also haven't talked about my new commitment yet but I'm pretty certain its changing my life.  I'm on day 3 and already noticing a huge difference...  more on that later.

okay, back to the mouthwatering soup!





(if your curious about the 21-Day Fix from Beachbody i have just started you can check it out on my site here or ask me. i will be posting before and after pics- IF im brave enough- in a couple weeks)

okay, okay- on to the important stuff!  the recipe!


21 Day Fix 'Approved' Crockpot 
Taco Soup

1 jar pasta sauce (use all natural, no sugar added, etc)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can beans rinsed
1 cup quinoa rinsed
3 cups water
1 green bell pepper diced
1 onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1Tbs chili powder
1tsp cumin
1 lb ground meat, browned and crumbled
salt and pepper to taste

throw all this good stuff in your crockpot and cook on low all day, or 8 hours or so.  right before serving toss in your ground turkey/beef/whatever.  (i pre-ground up 3lbs when i made tacos the other night and froze the rest for easy meal additions!)  add a little salt and pepper to taste and its ready to serve!

great topping options are: olives, greek yogurt, shredded cheese, tortilla-cut and baked into chips, hot sauce, avocado, lime juice, cilantro, etc.....

(for you Beachbody buddies, each 2cup serving equals roughly: 1 green, 1 red, 1 purple, 1 yellow)


to top off my bowl i whipped up some yogurt, fresh crushed garlic and lime juice.  can you say yum?!?!?!

like this recipe?  i've got more in my head!  i would love it if you 'like' my Facebook page <3 MORE TO COME!!! or you can go and follow my blog, that would make me smile pretty big too  ;)  

thanks for reading! bon appetite! 




No comments:

Post a Comment